Mario Meets Patrick Star Mario Meets Patrick Star

Amazingly awesome that the samples were during sections with no background noise. It's so natural and clean, and makes the parody so much better for it. Don't sweat any of the "too short" nonsense.

Walk-Smash-Walk Walk-Smash-Walk

This needs to be a game.

A rhythm game would work so perfectly with this concept. Dad got his own beat-em-up, so why not the cute hammer robot (and his buzzer pal)?

I remember watching this in High School. I thought it was amazing then, and I think it's amazing now.

K.O.L.M. Prototype K.O.L.M. Prototype

I really hope having this featured on Newgrounds again is enough to push K.O.L.M. over its Kickstarter goal. It's such a solid series so far, and I'd love to see the trilogy completed, as well as play the older games in this new remastered look.

Please Newgrounds! Rally together to make this game a reality! K.O.L.M. is one of the most deserving games on Kickstarter right now, and I'd love for it to become a reality.

Great gameplay inspired by Metroid, great music, great graphics, and great story. Good luck!

Pause Ahead Pause Ahead

Like Tower of Heaven before it, Askiisoft's "Pause Ahead" delivers an amazing experience that revolves around one very interesting hook. In the game, you can pause time, but your character's momentum is carried into the pause screen, allowing the player to "break" the game. Of course, it's not really breaking the game; it's the core concept of level design (and story). It's a great "gamer's game" in the sense that the core concept of the game would be lost on non-gamers who don't really understand what "pausing" is supposed to mean in a game (and furthermore, how cool it is to see the concept flipped upside down). A good way to explain it to them would be like this: "Imagine if at a specific part in a movie, the only way to progress the scene was to pause it so that the character inside could take advantage of the time freeze." The game itself is slightly more difficult than Tower of Heaven, mostly in the sense that there are some really tricking precision-based timing sections that will likely put off more casual gamers. The controls are solid, with momentum feeling just right during pause mode. The music was catchy, but to a lesser extent than Tower of Heaven. Put another way, I still find myself whistling Tower of Heaven's theme, but I can't recall any of the themes specifically in Pause Ahead, and I just played through it before writing this review. I was never offended or off-put by the music, though; it just didn't grab me like Tower of Heaven's soundtrack did. The graphics and general atmosphere isn't altogether different than Tower of Heaven, but it differs in some key areas. First and foremost, Pause Ahead is in glorious color, while Tower of Heaven offered nostalgic shades of Gameboy Green. The tone of the game is certainly grimmer than Tower of Heaven, and it's really just a matter of taste which you'll like more.

Overall, Pause Ahead is perfect for what it is trying to be. I highly recommend giving it a playthrough.

Fracuum Fracuum

An incredibly cool twist on the classic Venture formula. I used to play Venture all the time on my Atari. It's a lot of fun navigating a simple maze and collecting treasure, although this maze is quite a bit more complex than anything in Venture.

The player character in Venture was named Winky...does the adventurous square in this game have as manly a name?

Glaiel-Gamer responds:

Pimplestilch

Rig - Old Machines Rig - Old Machines

Awesome. If I could make a suggestion...pretty much ALL of the biotic sound effects would be perfect for various dubstep beats. Shockwave is already WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB.

Rig responds:

I wanted to make this mostly about the Reaper sounds and stuff. Maybe I'll make a "resistance" song later ;D

Getting Melodies Of My Head Getting Melodies Of My Head

I love this song!

It reminds me of Wiz 'N' Liz, which is a good thing. SO CATCHY.

Knife fight Knife fight

Spoiler alert:

Everyone has a skeleton hiding inside them.

Always on my Mind Always on my Mind

Why can't an octopus just be an octopus? Why must it be pahllic imagery?

Madame-origami responds:

That's society for you. Just as the ocean is Yonic imagery. This whole image is just wrought with sexual tension, man!

Astronomosaurus GALACTIC GUARD Astronomosaurus GALACTIC GUARD

This picture makes me want to do a CHAOS DUNK again. It's been too long since I've played through Shut up and Jam Gaiden.

I-smel responds:

"CHAOS DUNK" is the best name for a thing, besides "Charles Barkley: Shut Up and Jam! Gaiden".